Not many photographers can portray Jazz Musicians as personnel and intimate as Peewee Windmuller. His passion for Jazz is vivid consistently. "I try to mediate the impression of the music and the musician, appealing to the creative view of the observer and his interest to discover the sense of his message." Each photograph represents lived passion. His photography is subjective, without compromise.
The honesty paired with the ego of personnel interpretation and passion define Windmullers photographs. Whatever the situation, it is the intimate moment that make Windmullers photographs one of a time.
Today, Windmuller has a personnel contact with most of his portrayed musicians. As a publisher of the magazine "JAZZ'N'MORE" he is totally dedicated to the culture of Jazz and Blues. He coordinates interviews, photographs and promotes mostly young musicians of the Jazz- and Blues Scene.
- born: 26.10.1955 St.Gallen, Switzerland
- School for Applied Art and apprenticeship as photographer
- 1983: Career start as Fashion Photographer. His photographs could be seen in Magazines such as: Vogue, Marie-Claire, Donna, Uomo, Harper's Bazaar, Annabelle and many more, Commercial work for: Burton Snowboards, Dior, Helena Rubinstein, Max Factor, Giorgio Armani, Juvena, Fiorucci, Gucci, Head Ski & Snow-wear, Rhomberg Fabrics, Intersport, NIKE International and many more
- Fall 1997: Creative Director and Graphic Relaunch of the Magazine JAZZ. Begin Jazz Photography, Musician-portraits for CD Covers.
- 1999: Editorial relaunch under new name JAZZ'N'MORE, CEO and 50% owner of the Magazine.
- Since 2000: 100% Buyout. The Magazine is now owned by Theres and Peewee Windmuller
- 2000: together with Dave Feusi: Founder of the JAZZ BARAGGE, the legendary Wednesday Jam-Nights in Zurich,.